Saturday, October 9, 2010

How I Get Through Life

Dear Internet,

   I get down just like everybody else.  I have my good days, and I have my off days.  But sometimes, things happen which hurt me deeply, which cause depression, which make me wonder sometimes if life will ever be happy again or if I should just off myself-- but I always manage to bounce back, to keep moving forward, because of my drugs of choice: Humor and Optimism.

My main philosophies are:

  • "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life"- Monty Python
  • What is meant to be will find a way
  • Love conquers all
  • Things will get better
  • Everyone deserves to be loved, as they are at this very moment, no matter what
  • Everything happens for a reason
   The one man that has been there for me, all through my being an outcast as a child and that one weird kid in adolescence, the one man that has made me laugh, no matter how down I am, the one man who is everything I want in a man and everything I aspire to be, the one man in pop culture who I feel is more than worthy of hero-worship, the one man whose satirical view of the world and of himself actually helped stop me from killing myself as a teenager, the one man who it is my dream to someday meet, is "Weird Al" Yankovic.
   Truly, I would not be me without him.
   Nor would I be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment