Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm Surrounded By Idiots

Dear Internet,

   This is a rant.
   Most humans make me want to bang my head against a wall.  Especially religious humans, egotistical humans, and humans from cities.  When I meet egotistical religious humans from cities, my head just about explodes.
   Also, what is with the decay of the English language?!
   Okay.  In order, backwards:
English:  I blame a lot of the decay of English on pop culture.  The lyrics to songs nowadays are barely even lyrics.  It's basically slang, swearing, alcohol, and sex.  Pop music makes me sick and sad.  Why people actually listen to that shit is beyond me.  It's barely even music.  Also, less thought is being put into novels, and less and less people are actually READING anymore!  Just look at Twilight!  That was pretty much just a thought stream put down on paper (and not even a very GOOD thought stream, at that).  The things people are reading most nowadays, especially the younger ones (our future), are text messages and anything on the internet.  If anyone is trying to learn English, those are two of the WORST places to learn it.
   I guess that's part of the reason I'm drawn so much to British entertainment lately, because over there in England, they actually use the English language!  It's amazing!  Seriously, though, have you ever sat there and compared American insults with British insults?  There is no comparison, really.  British insults are much more creative and interesting, and often, much more insulting because they can be so specific and aren't so overused.  British novels, I've found, are also better-written than American novels, and a lot of my favorite authors either live in the UK or went there for inspiration.  And then, of course, there's the genius of British comedy abundant on British television.  Just look at Monty Python.  That stuff is GOLD!
  It's probably also the reason that I tend to lean towards older music.  At least 80% of the music I listen to was written before 1990.  The 60s, 70s, and 80s are, in my mind, the golden age of music.  After that, music went to pot.  (Pop music started going to pot in the 80s, and even some crappiness was detectable in the 70s, but it wasn't that bad, for the most part.  Then, the 90s hit... Oh 90s... *facepalm* why???)
People from cities:  I do not like cities.  They're too crowded.  I like to have my personal space, yes, but I also hate dealing with large quantities of people.  I hate being in crowds.  This is for two reasons: one, I have a thing about getting lost; two, I've found that most people tend to be of a much lower intelligence level than myself.  More people = more idiots.  There is nothing quite so frustrating as a giant group of idiots.
  People from cities also have this fascinating habit of talking in slang and always being in a hurry.  I realize that not all people who live in cities are like this, but a big enough majority is, and I'd like to avoid that majority.  They annoy the FUCK out of me.
Egotistical people:  Anyone with a huge ego annoys the fuck out of me, as well.  The more egotistical, egocentric, narcissistic, and self-important someone is, the more they annoy me.  There is just no talking to these people.  They only care about themselves, and they take it for granted that you will care about them as well, and they expect everyone to treat them as if they are above the rest of the population.  It makes me want to punch some sense into them- or maybe knock it into them with a sledgehammer or a baseball bat.  Or, hell, just kill the mirror-worshippers!  Do the world some good.
Religious people:  Oh, God, religious people!  (See what I did there?)
If one more person says the word "prayer" to me today, I'm going to punch them in the face!
I'm not one for hate or violence, but these people just drive me up a wall.  They think they're being smart when they invoke circular reasoning and quote their precious holy books.  In the worst cases, it is literally impossible to prove to them that they are wrong.  It is sickeningly easy to prove them wrong on a multitude of points, but trying to prove to THEM that they are wrong is like trying to push a rhinoceros up a hill with a toothpick.  They absolutely refuse to listen to any views opposing their own.

   It's not that I'm antisocial, or even that I'm shy.  I greatly enjoy the company of my friends and others who are entertaining and intelligent.  But you can see why I tend to avoid people in general.  It's because they're all pus-brained twats!

No comments:

Post a Comment